Are YOU a Premier Employer? Can you afford NOT to be?
This year, KMA is a major sponsor of the Ninth Annual “Best Places to Work in Maine” program, which recognizes companies that have established and consistently foster outstanding workplace environments.
Why is being a premier employer important?
- Premier employers are better able to attract and retain top talent.
- Their employees are engaged, satisfied, and productive.
- Consumers react more positively to companies with excellent reputations—it’s a sign of quality and it affects consumer purchase decisions.
The “Best Places to Work in Maine” program is endorsed by the Best Companies Group, the Maine State Chamber of Commerce, The Maine Department of Labor, The Department of Economic and Community Development, Maine HR Convention, and Mainebiz.
How it Works
- Employers must have at least 15 employees in the state of Maine, and must apply to participate by May 23, 2014 online at www.bestplacestoworkme.com.
- Best Companies Group surveys participants using a scientifically validated survey that looks at company employee benefits and policies and responses from a comprehensive employee engagement and satisfaction survey.
- There is a fee to participate in the program, based on employer size, and it covers the cost of conducting the survey and creating an “Employee Feedback Report” that all program participants get.
- Results from the survey determine whether an employer makes the “Best Places to Work in Maine” list. This is not a pay to play program. Whether a company makes the list depends solely on what their employees think.
- Each participating company gets a copy of the “Employee Feedback Report,” whether it makes the “Best Places” list or not. The report includes summarized employee engagement and satisfaction data, the Maine Benchmark Report, and a transcript of employee written comments. Many companies use the list to make improvements in their workplace culture.
- Companies selected as one of the “Best Places to Work in Maine” will be announced at a gala event in the fall of 2014, and a complete list of top companies will be featured in a statewide publication put out by Mainebiz.
As an HR consulting and organizational development company, KMA is always interested in efforts made by companies to improve the quality of their workplace environments. It’s good for a company’s employees, its customers, and ultimately the company’s bottom line.
To explore how KMA can help you join the ranks of the “Best Places to Work in Maine” by getting a handle on compliance with state and Federal HR laws and regulations, employee relations issues, hiring and retention practices, and virtually any aspect of your Human Resources and organizational development needs, contact us today (and don’t forget to apply to participate in this year’s “Best Places to Work in Maine” program by May 23, 2104 at www.bestplacestoworkme.com).