The Central Maine Human Resources Association (CMHRA) presents “Practical Strategies for Handling Domestic Violence in the Workplace” at its October chapter meeting, which is being sponsored by KMA Human Resources Consulting.
- Rebecca S. Webber of Skelton, Taintor & Abbott addresses recent legal changes to relevant laws.
- Quentin Chapman of Corporate Intelligence provides guidance on what can be done proactively and what can be done once a problem arises.
- Julia Teitel of Safe Voices provides advice on resources available to both employees and employers for victims of violence.
When: October 20, 2015, from 7:45 am to 9:30 am
Where: Ramada Inn, Lewiston, Maine
Register Online: http://cmhra.shrm.org/events/2015/10
This program provides practical and common sense assistance for HR professionals as well as business managers with no HR experience. Topics to be covered include:
- Recent legislative changes to Maine workplace domestic violence laws, plus other laws that apply to the workplace.
- Resources, plans, and strategies for providing security when domestic violence affects one of your employees.
- Resources you can provide to an employee to keep him or her and others safe while still running your business.
- Policies and training for the workplace and where you can turn for guidance.
For more information, visit http://cmhra.shrm.org/events/2015/10.