Vicki Ferentz, Partner, Acadia Benefits
What advice would you offer women entering a traditionally male-dominated industry?
1. Be an attentive listener.
2. Deal with the correct person, not always the right person. Meaning, don’t jump over the correct person to get to the right person without an invitation to do so.
3. Show up on time.
4. Be kind to your own employees, and to yourself.
5. Know that you don’t need to learn to play golf (or drink beer) — but it’s ok if you do!
6. Treat others as you want to be treated.
7. Challenge yourself.